is not a teaching license which issued under the Teachers and Educational Personnel Council Act B.E. 2003. This certificate authorizes an individual to serve as a teacher in the school provided. The director of schools must state the intent to employ an individual to fill a teaching vacancy when a licensed teacher cannot be employed.
Period of Validity
This permit is valid for two years and is renewable once for a term of two years. In case of the individual has been found to have committed professional misconduct or resignation from the school provided, which occurred during the effective period of permit, termination of permit will be effective.
Term and Renewal
To renew, the individual must demonstrate the documentary evidence relating to self-development to gain the professional knowledge required, i.e. evidence of passing the professional knowledge certification through testing or studying for a degree in education field.
1. Must not be less than 20 years of age.
2. Hold a Bachelor’s degree which benefits education, and it must be certified by either the Teachers’
Council of Thailand (TCT) or the Teacher Civil Service and Educational Personnel Commission (TEPC)
or the Civil Service Commission (CSC) or shown in the list at The World of ALMANAC (the
applicant may check your degree certification at www.ksp.or.th by selecting “professional license section
, foreign teacher’s qualification check” or at the website of TEPC or CSC).
3. Having specific skills, abilities and knowledge needed for foreign teachers in the teaching and learning of
foreign language curriculum.
4. TOEIC certified score report (except those who come from a native-English speaking countries:
The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ireland, The United States of America,
Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and Canada) or passing score on the other foreign language
1. A cover letter from the educational institution requesting for teaching permit to foreign teacher without
2. Teaching Permit without the License Form (Kor.Sor.10). Complete the form and have it signed by the
school principal and school logo stamped. Teachers must answer the 3 questions in the form and sign
his/her name. Form Kor.Sor.10 can be downloaded from www.ksp.or.th selecting menu “Form
3. Two 1-inch photos, wearing formal clothing and do not wear hat and sunglasses
4. Copy of educational background or certificates along with official transcripts. If the documents are in
a foreign language besides English, it must be translated into Thai. Translation must be certified by a
competent translator and notarized by notary organizations.
5. Copy of a certified score report of the English Language Proficiency Test.
All non native English-speaking applicants are required to take an English language proficiency test, such
as TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS and is still within its validity period as indicated in the Statement of Results
(the results are valid for two years).
Except those who come from The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, Ireland, The
United States of America, Commonwealth of Australia, New Zealand and Canada).
6. Employment contract or employment certification
7. Copy of all the used pages of the applicant’s passport, the present Non- B Visa in particular. (Applicants
shall submit all documents to before the Non- B Visa expiration at least 30 days).
In case of holding visa type “NON-O”, please attach a copy of marriage certificate or other related
***In case of renewal or the second round of requesting the permit, additional documents copies must be
1. Copy of the expired teaching permit
2. Copy of documentary evidence relating to self-development to gain the professional knowledge required,
i.e. evidence of passing the professional knowledge certification through testing or studying for a degree
in education field (i.e. verification of enrollment, degree verification, etc.)
1. All documents must be sent to the Teachers’ Council of Thailand (Khurusapha) at least 30 days before the Non- B Visa expiration.
2. Foreign applicants must certify true copy of all documents.
3. Preparing documents accurately will reduce the risks of your application being incomplete or take a
longer time to being processed.
4. In case of urgent reply need or Express Mail Service (EMS), please enclose a self-addressed envelope
with pre-paid stamps.